Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just a place to think

This is my place to think. I have been so blessed over the past years as I have read the blogs of friends of mine (Candace, Nancy, Kari, etc). I thought (perhaps a bold thought) that maybe my thoughts could be beneficial to someone else. And if not, at least I'll have a record.

My dad loved Neil Diamond. I grew up listening to his music. One of my favorite songs was, "It's a Beautiful Noise." Some of the lyrics are:

What a beautiful noise comin' up from the street
Got a beautiful sound, It's got a beautiful beat

It's a beautiful noise goin' on everywhere
Like the clickety-clack of a train on a track
It's got rhythm to spare

It's a beautiful noise and it's a sound that I love
And it fits me as well as a hand in a glove
Yes it does, yes it does

What a beautiful noise comin' up from the park
It's the song of the kids and it plays until dark

It's a beautiful noise made of joy and of strife
Like a symphony played by the passing parade
It's the music of life

What a beautiful noise
Comin' into my room
And it's beggin' for me
Just to give it a tune.

I certainly can't give the "beautiful noises" of my life a tune...but I will give them expression here on my blog...some of the joy...some of the strife...the symphony of my life.

2 comments: